About Blue Owl B&B Retreat
About Blue Owl B&B Retreat
Tucked in a private, peaceful little corner on Denman Island, since 2008 the cozy Blue Owl B&B all-season cottage has been a place for visitors to relax, retreat and unwind any time of the year. This relocated heritage cottage has authentic and added rustic details, local owl-themed artwork, a wood stove, an infrared sauna and Slipper Tub, and a sleeping loft looking into the trees. Kitchenette includes many amenities, screened porch and private yard area.
Close to parks, trails, the beach and lake, if you are longing for peace, tranquility and a cozy atmosphere, The Blue Owl is just the place!
Read more about The Blue Owl in an article by Travel Journalist David Morrison
“The Blue Owl on Denman Island: A Cottage Built of History & Love”
- Sleeping loft with Queen-sized bed and memory-foam mattress
- Great selection of pillows and blankets
- Portable convection oven, microwave, and a 2-burner stovetop,
- Rice cooker, ‘Foreman’ grill, toaster, drip and French press coffeemakers
- Assorted kettles, pots & pans, dishes and cutlery
- Propane BBQ
- 3/4 size Murphy bed on main floor
- Continental breakfast
- Coffee & Tea
- CD Player, CDs, Books, magazines, Denman Island information
- The Blue Owl sleeps two to three adults very comfortably
- Robes & Towels
- Clawfoot Slipper tub with view of the forest
- Infrared Sauna
- Screened porch
- Wood stove and electric heat
- Ceiling fan
- Bicycles available at no charge
- The Blue Owl is a very quiet, retreat-like environment best suited for adults and children over 5.
- Pets on approval
- Visit blueowlondenman.ca for more descriptions, reviews and all pet, reservation and cancellation policies.
The Blue Owl is open year-round (2-night minimum). Comfortably sleeps 2 or 3 adults.
- Single 125.00/night
- Double 140.00/night
- Third person 25.00 /night
*Approved Pets 40.00 flat rate per pet
** Note: All fees are subject to PST tax
About Your Host
Julie is a Home Care Assistant on Denman Island, and has a love of art, photography, and history. She created The Blue Owl as place of peace and tranquility for travellers.
“I’ve always had something in my head, ever since I was young, that I wanted to create a space where the weary traveler could rest, somewhere they would feel some sense of healing, cradling or nurturing,” says Julie.
Blue Owl Painting by Kat Cearns
“What a stunning place! Could not be happier we chose Denman for our wedding and so happy we stayed at the Blue Owl. Thank you for the nice bottle of wine and for the ride home our wedding night! Julie is such a gracious host. Can’t wait to come back to the Blue Owl and will recommend to other.” ~ Kath & Nick
“I can see why the Blue Owl is so popular. It’s very unique and has its own character. It couldn’t be more appropriately decorated. There’s something different to catch your eye at each glance. From hand soap to different flavours of tea, you have been a very considerate hostess. This is a paradise for peace and relaxation providing the opportunity to get in touch with nature and get back to the basics of what’s really important in our lives. Thank you Julie!” ~ John & Karen
“This lovely, quaint cottage absolutely made our trip. We enjoyed all the little details and the history of the little building. It was perfect for three and our two dogs (who also enjoyed it greatly). Thank you for a lovely stay, we can’t wait to be back!” ~ Ken, Kirstie & Jodi
Location & Directions
From the Denman ferry, continue to the top of the ferry hill. Follow the signs for Denman Road (Hornby Ferry).
When the road veers sharply to the right, you are now on East Road. Follow East Road south, Turn right onto Owl Crescent and watch for our sign on the left and the large Owl Totem.